FAQ’S ABOUT LASH EXTENSIONS
How to book?
- Please text or call the nearest location for pricing, real-time availability and booking. Visit our FAQ's for more info.
What are eyelash extensions?
- Single strands of synthetic fibers are applied with a semi-permanent adhesive to add length and/or volume to each natural lash. The artists at all Sidney Le ™ locations have mastered the skill of lash isolation, ensuring no clumps! You can literally comb through them!
What types of lash extensions do we offer?
- We service classic lashes with synthetic mink and have a patented multi-layered technique that achieves a full, fluffy look that is different from other lash lounges. Check us out on Instagram @sidneyle!
What to expect at your first lash appointment?
- Your first lash appointment may range anywhere from 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Arrive at the lash lounge with your eyes clean of makeup. The fresher your lashes, the better the retention of the extensions. The lash artist will do a consultation on the look you wish to achieve. Keep in mind that the health and thickness of your natural lashes will determine how full your lashes can be. You will lay comfortably on your back once the process begins. Prepare to keep your eyes closed for the entire application time and open them up to a new set of luscious lashes!
How long does it take to apply lash extensions?
- A full set of lashes takes anywhere from 1.5 – 2.5 hours to apply depending on the condition of your natural lashes. Keep in mind that the health and thickness of your natural lashes will determine how full your lashes can be. Let your artist know how subtle or dramatic you would like to go or ask for recommendations! We are glad to assist.
Are lash extensions painful?
- No, there should be no discomfort or pain when eyelash extensions are applied correctly. The lash isolation method, when done properly, ensures comfort while working your extensions to the fullest!
You have lashes done elsewhere and want to get service by a Sidney Le ™ location?
- All Sidney Le ™ locations utilize a patented multi-layered technique that achieves a full, fluffy look that is different from other lash salons. We are unsure if we can work with what you already have. If we can, it will be a standard 3-week fill price, but if not, then removal is complimentary, and a full set price will be charged.
How long do lash extensions typically last?
- On average, lash extensions can last anywhere from 3 – 4 weeks, depending on the growth cycle of your natural lashes and how you care for them. Some can go for even longer!
- Keep in mind that it is reasonable to see varying and fluctuating lengths in lash extension retention. For example, you may be a client that comes in on average of 5-weeks for refills, but at a certain point, you may need to adjust to 3 - 4 weeks for refills based on lash growth cycles or lifestyle changes. We offer 2 – 7 weeks fill to coincide with the client’s shedding periods.
What are lash growth cycles, and how do they affect lash extensions?
- To produce new hair, existing follicles undergo growth (anagen), regression (catagen), and rest (telogen) cycles. During the anagen phase, hair is actively growing from root to tip and then stops at the catagen phase. During regression, the hair follicle will begin shrinking before resting. During the resting period, the hair stops growing but stays attached to the follicle until it eventually sheds. It takes the lash approximately 4 – 8 weeks to regrow completely.
- Lashes do not all fall out at the same time – they go through their stages individually. You may see varying and fluctuating lengths in lash extension retention due to the various stages that the lashes are undergoing. No worries! We offer 2 – 7 weeks fill to coincide with lash shedding cycles.
Do lash extensions damage your natural lashes?
- Lash breakage generally happens when the extensions are too heavy due to excessive use of glue, placing a weight that is too substantial for the natural lashes to hold, or improper placement. Go to a trusted professional! Eyelash extensions will not harm your natural lashes when applied correctly. Sidney Le ™ certified lash artists are skilled at lash isolation and using judgment in applying the weight and length that are suitable for your natural lashes!
Can lash extensions get wet?
- For the first 48-hours, keep your lashes as dry as possible so the glue can adhere and dry thoroughly. This includes avoiding humid environments, such as steam, hot yoga, and saunas. After the 48-hours, you can return to your routine, including swimming with your lash extensions! Are you worried about getting them wet? Shower visors are available at all Sidney Le ™ locations in sets of seven. We got you covered for each day of the week!
Can you wear mascara with lash extensions?
- Lash extensions enhance the look of your natural lashes and generally do not need mascara. However, if you wish to use mascara, for instance, in between your refill appointments perhaps, go for an oil-free mascara! We do stock extension-safe mascaras at all our locations!
What is the aftercare for lash extensions?
- Keeping your lash extensions clean and detangled will help preserve the longevity! For the first 48-hours, keep your lashes as dry as possible so the glue can adhere and dry thoroughly. This includes avoiding humid environments, such as steam, hot yoga, and saunas. After the 48-hours, you can return to your routine, including swimming with your lash extensions! Are you worried about getting them wet? Shower visors are available at all Sidney Le ™ locations in sets of seven. We got you covered for each day of the week!
- Keep your lashes looking full and fresh with our gentle foaming cleansers and comb through them with our spoolie wands. The wands come with protective covers, so it can go where you go!
Do we do lash lifts, perms, or tinting?
- We do not offer these types of services. Our artists specialize in lash extensions, and unburdened with other services you can expect nothing but the best in lash extension services. Check out some of our work on Instagram @sidneyle.